Vision, Mission, Goals and Action Plan
Vision:To reach information and learning possibilities to the people to be better and responsible citizens of their countries while promoting the objectives of Lions Clubs International.
Mission:To establish a network for exchange of information, experience and knowledge relating to volunteer and community leadership while promoting cooperation and collaboration between lions clubs for human resource development.
- Establish a global community for learning through sharing of success stories and challenges of various initiatives of community service by use of appropriate technology.
- Provide training and motivational resources for volunteers engaged in serving through lions clubs and similar organizations.
Strategies for action:
The concept is based on leveraging the benefits of technology by:
- Establishing Video conferencing facilities to remove the barriers imposed by distance
- Promote and launch an inter-active website to initiate conversation between lions across the world
- Encouraging various training programs, including those relating to Sight First activities, building volunteer base for Lions Quest, handling membership target groups, designing PR campaigns, regular leadership workshops for personality development, marketing non-profits, fund raising, disaster management, team work and team building, working in partnerships and the like.
- Making available the best faculty located in different parts of the world, from within and outside the lions’ fold, for the above programs.