Peace Poster Contest
Each year, Lions clubs around the world proudly sponsor the Lions International Peace Poster Contest in local schools and youth groups. This Contest encourages young people worldwide to artistically express their visions of peace. In the last 26 years, more than five million children from nearly 100 countries have participated in the contest.
The theme of the 2014-15 Peace Poster Contest is “Peace, Love and Understanding” Students, ages 11, 12 or 13 on November 15, are eligible to participate.
Participants use a variety of mediums, including charcoal, crayon, pencil and paint, to express the theme. The works created are unique and express the young artists’ life experiences and culture.
Each poster is judged on originality, artistic merit and expression of the theme.
Posters advance through several judging levels: local, district, multiple district and international. At the international level, judges from the art, peace, youth, education and media communities select one grand prize winner and 23 merit award winners.
• One international grand prize winner will receive a trip to a special award ceremony with the sponsoring club president and two family members at Lions Day with the United Nations . During the ceremony, the winning artist will receive an engraved plaque and a cash prize of US$5,000.
• Each of the 23 merit award winners will receive a cash award of US$500 and a certificate of achievement.
• January 15: Kits go on sale from the Club Supplies Sales Department at International Headquarters.
• October 1: Deadline to purchase kits from the Club Supplies Sales Department at International Headquarters.
• November 15: Postmark deadline for a club to send one winning poster (per contest sponsored) to the district governor.
• December 1: Postmark deadline for a Governor to send one winning district poster to multiple district council chairperson.
• December 1: Postmark deadline for a Governor not belonging to a multiple district to send one winning poster to the Public Relations Department at International Headquarters.
• December 1: Postmark deadline for a Club not belonging to a district to send one winning entry to the Public Relations Department at International Headquarters.
• December 15: Postmark deadline for the multiple district council chairperson to send one winning poster to the Public Relations Department at International Headquarters.
• February 1: International winners notified on or before this date.